1 KM Swim
The 1 km Swim is a great place to start for many of our members. The goal is simple: complete a continuous 1 km pool swim, pull or kick, using any stroke. You can take it with other members of your club or on your own. The flexible guidelines and achievable distance make it accessible to all swimmers. It can help you to:
- Measure and improve your fitness
- Set goals for training,
- Get valuable feedback on your stroke efficiency
- Check progress over the year
- See how you and your club compare to other swimmers across the country.
Also, if you think you might be interested in Masters Swimming competition but aren't sure yet, this challenge can give you an idea of what it might be like.
Taking part in the 1km Challenge
Your local club rep can give you details on the 1km Challenge taking place at your club, but here is the basic information:
- All athletes must be registered with Masters Swimming Canada.
- Results are listed by age group and by Province and club
- The pool must be 25 or 50 metres for official results
- Swimmers can choose Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle, Individual Medley (250m each Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle), Pull, Kick or Kick with fins
For official results, submit 100m splits and the final time. These can be submitted via Splash or Hy-tek (email) or you can input them directly. For unofficial results (if you perform the challenge on your own, rather than as an event), simply submit your final result to MSC Results form.
- Please Sign In for the link to MSC Results form
For questions about this program please contact us here