The 1KM CHALLENGE is a great place to start for many of our members. The goal is simple: complete a continuous 1km (1000 m) pool swim, pull or kick, using any stroke. You can do it with other members of your club or on your own. The flexible guidelines and achievable distance make it accessible to all swimmers.
- Measure and improve your fitness
- Set goals for training
- Get valuable feedback on your stroke efficiency
- Check progress over the year
- See how you and your club compare to other swimmers across the country.
- All participants must be registered with a Masters Swimming Canada Swim Club or with the MSC Challengers.
- The pool must be 25 or 50 metres
- Swimmers can choose Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle, Individual Medley (250m each Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle), Pull, Kick or Kick with fins
If you have questions about the 1KM CHALLENGE please contact us