Hello Everyone, and thank you for your continued support.
It may be summer, but we are hard at work, building the future of Masters Swimming Canada.
KEY UPDATES – WHAT’S NEW WITH MSC
• SURVEY RESULTS: In June, we asked for your input regarding the future of Masters Swimming Canada. You responded enthusiastically. Thank you! Out of 1200 respondents, 90% were overwhelmingly supportive of the ongoing role of MSC. This commitment from swimmers has fueled our resolve to build a new and better future for adult swimming in Canada within MSC.
• COOPERATION WITH SWIMMING CANADA: Unfortunately, our partnership with Swimming Canada will be discontinued. However, this will not distract us from our mission of bringing fun, fitness, and friendly competition to all adult swimmers. We will continue to work hard to establish closer relationships with the Ministry of Sport, FINA and Aquatics Canada to secure sanctioning for our events, including Nationals.
• 2019-2020 REGISTRATION: September is the start of the swimming year, and we are in the process of finalizing the new registration process for 2019-2020. This will involve direct registration with MSC through its website and will include new incentive programs. Details will be sent to you in the next two weeks and will be posted on the website.
• 2020 NATIONALS: 2020 MSC National competition is scheduled for Etobicoke May 22 to 24th,2020. More details will follow, but for now, save the date and plan your training accordingly.
CALL TO ACTION – YOUR SWIMMING CHECKLIST
1. Open Water Nationals are coming up on August 17 in Oakville Ontario. Click here for more information and registration
2. Save the date for the 2020 Nationals scheduled for Etobicoke May 22 to 24th, 2020. More details to follow.
3. Best wishes to all of those attending Worlds in Korea. Please send us your photos and results so we can share them on social media.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions, thoughts on our activities or if you wish to get involved with us in this exciting time as we redefine our organization.
Happy Swimming Everyone!